Are you prepared for the wedding occasion you will cover? Well, if this is your first time, we suggest that you put together a list of the essential shots that you need to take. You will not want your clients to get disappointed with your services, right?
Wedding photographers, both newbies and pros, must plan what shots to take in the wedding. The photographer can even visit the wedding reception before the wedding so he/she can plan where to position himself and where to point his camera during the wedding.
To help beginner photographers prepare for a wedding, we have gathered here the most valuable shots that wedding professional photographers like you ought to take during the wedding.
• The engagement rings
• The wedding invitation
• The wedding gown
• Bride and bridesmaid preparing for the wedding
• Mother of bride helping the bride get dressed
• Groom putting on his suit
• Couple’s first look before the wedding ceremony
• The bride with parents
• The bride with bridal entourage
• The bride with her soon-to-be in-laws
• The groom with his parents
• The groom with groomsmen
• The bridal vehicle
• Interior and outdoor shots of the place
• The groom walking down the aisle with mother
• The entourage walking down the aisle
• Bride walking down the aisle
• Various shots during the wedding ceremony
• Group shots with families and friends
• The first kiss as married couple
• Newlywed couple going to the reception
• Couple stepping into the party venue
• The wedding cake
• The first toast
• The bride dancing with her father
• Different shots during the wedding party
• The couple leaving the venue
Depending on the wedding location and the flow of the wedding ceremony, you can add more important shots in your list. Don’t forget to capture the fun and funny moments during the wedding. Your wedding photos should tell a beautiful, compelling story of two people who vowed to be together forever.